Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Day After -- Dec 12th

You all may be getting this on Dec 11th. Last night after my nanites flew all the way from Israel and arrived at 4pm I had a 3 hour procedure not unlike an angiogram done with only a local anesthetic- boy was that news to me!!- the last 2 angiograms at us hospitals they knocked me out for the most part.

The 3 doctors placed 23 million of my stem cells in the parts of my heart that needed regrowth the most. They couldn't use angioseal since I just had a catheterization last month so the cardiologist himself came by after 4 hours of compression bandage, removed the catheter and spent the next 35 minutes himself applying pressure to the artery- no stinking clamps for him!!!

This morning I am up and around an perky- not having to wear off too many drugs. The spooky part was I was so awake I got to watch the whole process- not for the faint hearted. It turns out that awake patients give valuable feedback while tracing out areas that need assistance.

Any how the implantation phase is over and the next phase of recovery and improvement is ahead of me. The medical team here is better than a couple I could mention at O'Connor hospital- but I wont, and they all take an interest in you because that is who they are!.

A couple more days of recuperation and we are home next Tuesday. Darlene barely survived it :-) and was a great help to me even with all the support from the nursing staff here.

Thanks for all your support- now on to more hijinx!!

No comments: